Working whist Caring

Home Forums Working Working whist Caring

Tagged: , ,

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      John
      Participant

Thank you for your advice. A very difficult situation for me and I think that you’re right I will probably begin having to keep an eye on appropriate job openings. I think I will mostly play it by ear for now.

Harry
      Participant

My story is pretty much the same as Sarah’s and I found that I needed to find an appropriate job when I was caring and I managed to get a suitable job that I could do from home. This enabled me to be more attentive and spend more time caring.

Sarah Milburn
      Participant

I’m currently looking after my mother, who has Parkinson’s disease. In the beginning, I too struggled to balance my working hours and my “caring” hours, so to speak.

After noticing the stress this was putting me under, I decided I needed to re-asses my situation. My job required me to work long, tiresome hours. I knew that ultimately, my mother was more important than a job I was never even happy with to begin with. So I began job-searching.

It took a while, but eventually I found a job that was suited to my situation. The hours weren’t quite as long, which gave me more time to make sure my mother’s needs were being met. Not only this, but I was left with more energy, so I found I was a lot more motivated after shifts too!

At the end of the day, It’s very important you assess your current situation and consider if there are any possible changes you could implement to make things easier.

John
      Participant

I really struggle with balancing work hours whilst taking care of my sister and have very little time to myself.

What should I do?

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be registered as a ReMeLife Member and logged in to reply to and create new topics

Favourite suppliers

REHABILITY

With REHABILITY, patients can carry out their rehabilitation exercises, from either the centre in which they are hospitalized or remotely, autonomously but with constant medical supervision. This...

Dyslexia Shop

The Dyslexia Shop stocks thousands of carefully selected products to help people with Dyslexia and special educational needs / learning difficulties. Why The Dyslexia Shop? We pride ourselves on...

The Tiger Health Monitoring Watch

The TigerFIT Pro is a 24X7 Guardian Angel for your family. It is a Smart Personal Security Device & Health Monitor with GPS Tracker,...

MindForYou – Supported Holidays for People with Dementia

MindforYou was founded in September 2014 after personal experience highlighted the challenges of traditional respite for families living with dementia. Our supported 5 day...

Dementia pathfinders

Dementia Pathfinders Community Interest Company is a social enterprise delivering education and learning for people working in the dementia care field and providing therapeutic care...