Lockdown

Home Forums Lifestyle Lockdown

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      Brian Miller
      Participant

I understand how you’re feeling. The past two years haven’t been great, and I spent majority of it all alone. I do have family, but they live in South London, so I don’t get to see them as often as I’d like too.

I recently learned how to properly use a mobile phone, so I have been using that to call them, and have even been using the video chat so I can see them. Whilst it’s not exactly the same as seeing them in person, it is enough for me to know that they are okay during these hard times.

Paulo
      Participant

Hi Micheal. What a year it has been. I go for walks when I can. It is hard because I am working from home so I do not have to leave me house for anything as we get our food groceries delivered. But going for walks always does me and the family good. My son has also been encouraging me to do exercise with him which I do not enjoy but it definitely makes me feel better afterwards. We also have movie night every Friday which really helps as we all look forward to see which movie everyone picks. If you live alone you could start doing painting or find a new hobby in general.

Rosemary
      Participant

Hi Micheal, I too have had a few dips in mental health throughout the past year due to the strain of lockdown. It has been hard so if anyone is feeling a bit rubbish about struggling in lockdown please know that it is normal to feel like that and there are ways to help you feel better.

I found that a daily walk really helps a lot. We are stuck at home for long periods of time so getting your daily exercise is not only good for your body but your mind too. Even if it’s only for 5 minutes, a little bit goes a long way!

Family and friend calls are essential! Stay connected and don’t isolate yourself and if you notice someone you know hasn’t spoken to you in a while send them a message as they could be struggling too!

Hope this helps!

MichealBolton64
      Participant

Hello everyone, we have been in and out of lockdowns for a whole year. I just wanted to know what everyone does to keep their mind and body active?

I have been struggling myself at times so would be great to have some advice for myself and for other people who may be struggling too.

1+
Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be registered as a ReMeLife Member and logged in to reply to and create new topics

Favourite suppliers

REHABILITY

With REHABILITY, patients can carry out their rehabilitation exercises, from either the centre in which they are hospitalized or remotely, autonomously but with constant medical supervision. This...

Dyslexia Shop

The Dyslexia Shop stocks thousands of carefully selected products to help people with Dyslexia and special educational needs / learning difficulties. Why The Dyslexia Shop? We pride ourselves on...

The Tiger Health Monitoring Watch

The TigerFIT Pro is a 24X7 Guardian Angel for your family. It is a Smart Personal Security Device & Health Monitor with GPS Tracker,...

MindForYou – Supported Holidays for People with Dementia

MindforYou was founded in September 2014 after personal experience highlighted the challenges of traditional respite for families living with dementia. Our supported 5 day...

Dementia pathfinders

Dementia Pathfinders Community Interest Company is a social enterprise delivering education and learning for people working in the dementia care field and providing therapeutic care...