Are there certain ages at which a body’s metabolism slows down?

Home Forums Lifestyle Food & Nutrition Are there certain ages at which a body’s metabolism slows down?

Tagged: 

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      John
      Participant

I can’t speak for any facts but I know that when I was younger I had a pretty unhealthy diet of junk food and was still somewhat skinny and then a bit later in my life with pretty much the same diet I started to put on a few pounds. It honestly could’ve been that maybe I’d slown down a bit and was less active and had less exercise.

Julie
      Participant

Hello I remember my metabolism slowing down when I was in my late 20s, lucky for me though it didn’t affect me too much! What made me put on the most weight was when I had kids!

AlP03hrt
      Participant

Hi…
      You’ve probably heard that once you hit 40, it’s all downhill when it comes to your weight. That inexplicable force we call our metabolism does begin to grind a bit slower every year from age 30 onward. Here’s the good news: The rate at which your metabolism slows down is actually rather minimal.

1+
      Majadm
      Participant

Food is essential—it provides vital nutrients for survival, and helps the body function and stay healthy. Food is comprised of macronutrients including protein, carbohydrate and fat that not only offer calories to fuel the body and give it energy but play specific roles in maintaining health.
      Are there certain ages at which a body’s metabolism slows down?

1+
Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be registered as a ReMeLife Member and logged in to reply to and create new topics

Favourite suppliers

REHABILITY

With REHABILITY, patients can carry out their rehabilitation exercises, from either the centre in which they are hospitalized or remotely, autonomously but with constant medical supervision. This...

Dyslexia Shop

The Dyslexia Shop stocks thousands of carefully selected products to help people with Dyslexia and special educational needs / learning difficulties. Why The Dyslexia Shop? We pride ourselves on...

The Tiger Health Monitoring Watch

The TigerFIT Pro is a 24X7 Guardian Angel for your family. It is a Smart Personal Security Device & Health Monitor with GPS Tracker,...

MindForYou – Supported Holidays for People with Dementia

MindforYou was founded in September 2014 after personal experience highlighted the challenges of traditional respite for families living with dementia. Our supported 5 day...

Dementia pathfinders

Dementia Pathfinders Community Interest Company is a social enterprise delivering education and learning for people working in the dementia care field and providing therapeutic care...